Santa Barbara's do-it-yourself bicycle repair shop
Your Community Bicycle Workshop
Got a flat tire? Bike not riding like it once did? Want to get it tuned up?
Bici Centro is what you're looking for – it's a do-it-yourself repair shop, where you fix it, while we help. No appointment necessary – drop by.
Bici Centro Hours
Open shop – DIY bike repair
Monday is Volunteer Day
12-7pm Monday, no repairs
Shop Use: $5 per hour
Bici Centro, 434 Olive Street, Santa Barbara
Need repairs? Bici Centro is the do-it-yourself workshop you'll learn to love.
The $5 hourly fee includes the use of our workspace and tools, greases and lubes, and especially, our expertise – knowledgeable, bilingual staff are always around to guide you through the repairs.
If you have advanced repairs or need specialized help, give us a call beforehand to make sure we can help. Otherwise, there are plenty of capable mechanics at local bike shops who would be happy to help you.
At Bici Centro, our volunteers help us fix bikes, organize the shop, and teach people bike mechanic skills. You'll learn bicycle mechanics as you work on donated bikes.
You can help too! Volunteering at Bici Centro is open to people of all backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets.
Monday is Volunteer Day
- Monday is the best day to learn about bicycle mechanics; together with staff, you'll work on donated bikes. The bikes are then inspected and sold to support the shop.
- Join us any time between 12-7pm, budget a minimum of 2 hours.
- Volunteer meal at 2:30pm.
Tuesday through Saturday
- Tuesday through Saturday are the busiest open-shop days. Volunteering during these times includes teaching customers bicycle mechanics, cleaning and sorting donations, and helping clean/organize the shop.
- Two shifts: 12-2:30 and 2:30-5pm.
Buying a bike? Donating a bike?
Our shop sells refurbished bikes, used parts, and accessories – odds are we'll have what you need for much less than new. SBBIKE members get a 10% discount off all Bici Centro purchases including bikes, new and used parts – get a free helmet with the purchase of a bike.
We also accept donations of anything bike related that can be rendered useful and sellable with a relatively limited amount of time, labor, and supplemental components. We're always happy to issue a tax-deductible receipt for your donation.
Buy a used bike
Questions? Offer some feedback? We'd like to hear from you.