You + SBBIKE = A win for families and our community!
Should kids be able to safely bike to school?
Absolutely! At SBBIKE we think that all Santa Barbara County kids and families should have safe and accessible routes to school.
Thanks to your support of SBBIKE, Santa Barbara County is experiencing a bicycling renaissance in K-12 schools – we need your help to keep these riders safe.
- Every $1 donated to SBBIKE results in $100 invested in improved bikeways
- Helped secure $30 million in state bikeway funding over the last four years
- Secured the first protected bike lanes in Goleta and Santa Barbara
- Implemented a safe Westside bike route to Santa Barbara City College
- Brought in-depth youth bicycle education programs during PE to over 1,800 students
- Increased regular bike commuters at Santa Barbara High School five fold!
- Launched our 4th Bici Centro location in Santa Maria
Sarah, age 10, at the Summer Bike Camp at Goleta Valley Junior High has this to say about our education programs: "I really enjoyed riding my bike around the neighborhoods with the other kids. The lessons beforehand helped me understand how to ride safely." Her twin sister Audrey adds, "We learned how to be safe on the road and we went on a 13-mile ride. It was fantastic! I want to do the bike camp again."
Their mom shares her appreciation: "How comforting for us, as parents, to know that the kids learned so many helpful tools and rules for fun and safe bike riding. The kids continue to tell us about what they learned in the camp and how they want to ride their bikes to school in the fall."
THE PART YOU PLAY
Donate today. Your gift of $10, $100, $500, or $5,000 directly supports making bicycling safe and accessible for everyone, especially for the kids and families who love to bike!
While thousands of kids have graduated from our education programs and are ready to ride, many are unable because they lack safe bike routes. Right now is a consequential moment for cycling in Santa Barbara County.
Help us create a safe, integrated bikeway network on the South Coast that makes bicycling accessible for all and builds greener commutes with less traffic and pollution. We have a clear vision, a proven track record, and a once in a generation opportunity in 2018 to fulfill our vision.
The Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, so donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.