Bicycle-fun Summer Camp
2018 Summer Sessions
One week long from 9am-noon: open to all 10-14 years old. Space is limited; register early!
How to get started
- Pre-register online or bring a check to Bici Centro during shop hours.
- Registration fee: $150 per student for the week. Scholarships are available; contact the SBBIKE Education Director or call: 805-699-6301.
- Bike in good working condition and a helmet: use this form to check your bike the week before camp so you can fix it if needed.
- Waiver in English to be completed & signed by parent/guardian on Day 1. Waiver en Español aquì.
- What else? Wear comfortable clothes and shoes (no flip flops); bring water, a snack, and sunscreen.
During daily field trips, our certified League Cycling Instructors are always looking for experienced riders who can be role models and "extra eyes" for our campers. Volunteers are encouraged to take our Confident City Cycling class. If interested in riding with youth, contact our Education Director.
"Thank you to everyone involved with this wonderful program! After completing the camp, I am confident that my son, Chris, has all the tool necessary to make him a safe cyclist. He had a great experience and made some new friends. Anyone considering having their child bike to junior high should enroll in this program." —Amy Abbott
"My daughter enjoyed the camp a lot. No problems getting her up in the morning for the camp which says a lot in my family and she had lots to talk about when she came home. I hope you continue this camp next year for my son to enjoy. Thank you!" —Lena Kang-Birken
"Thank you for the fantastic opportunity for my daughter! Each day, she looked forward to meeting her friends at Bike Camp. They learned the importance of safety and awareness on the road from fabulous instructors while building confidence, physical stamina, and friendships at the same time. I highly recommend the camp to all students in our community." —Lisa Vance
Youth Bike Education is supported by Measure A, the County of Santa Barbara, the City of Santa Barbara, the City of Goleta, and the City of Carpinteria.