Listed below are positions for hire at SBBIKE. Feel free to email a cover letter and résumé or come by SBBIKE during business hours.
Open Shop Shift Leader
ORGANIZATION: Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
TITLE: Open Shop shift mechanic/leader
JOB TYPE: Payroll
PAY RATE: DOE, starting at $12–15/hr
Bici Centro, a program of the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition, is a community DIY bicycle repair shop and education center, with the goal of facilitating skill share and increased reliability and safety for Santa Barbara bicycle riders.
We are hiring to facilitate Open Shop shifts each week.
Shifts are between the hours of 11:30 am and 7:30 pm Monday–Saturday.
Reports to: Associate Director
• Teaching patrons bicycle repair skills
• Greeting and signing in patrons of the shop
• Coordinating and appropriately tasking shop volunteers
• Operation of cash register and POS system
• Organizing shop pre and post open hours
• Background in bicycle mechanics
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to multitask and maintain awareness of all happenings in a busy shop
• Background in community-based projects, community service, or nonprofit work
• Knowledge of Santa Barbara bicycle community, safe bicycle riding practices, safe practice with tools and cleaning solutions
• Firm belief in bicycles as a viable form of transportation
• Preferably bilingual in English and Spanish
Please email a résumé and a brief greeting to Ellen@sbbike.org or call 805-845-8955 to set up a time to drop by.