Listed below are positions for hire at SBBIKE. Feel free to email a cover letter and resume, or come by SBBIKE during business hours.
Associate Director (download the PDF)
Do you believe the bicycle can change the world?
Does your work bring smiles to the faces in your community?
Does your leadership bring smiles to the faces of your peers?
Do you have what it takes to lead three Do-It-Yourself bike shops?
If so, SBBIKE wants to meet you.
Everyday SBBIKE is inspiring young riders by teaching bike education in school, empowering members of the community how to repair their own bicycles, and turning heads of the elected officials by paving the way for safer infrastructure. And we have a darn good time doing it.
SBBIKE has the wind at our back: we recently purchased our building, greatly expanded our membership, and started two additional satellite DIY shops. Our team is at the core of our success, but we need operations direction to lead us on the next chapter.
As the Associate Director, you’ll be constantly moving: reaching out to community and members, providing leadership and support for volunteers, and providing input to policy work. The problems to solve and the amount of work to be done will be tough at times, but the rewards are real.
- Tell us about your background in transportation and community building.
- Tell us about your bike and where you like to ride.
- Tell us about your people skills and some successes you've had in stressful situations.
- Tell us about the diversity of people you've worked with and for.
Again, please review our Associate Director flyer.
Open Shop Shift Leader (see below)
ORGANIZATION: Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
TITLE: Open Shop Shift leader
JOB TYPE: Payroll
PAY RATE: DOE, starting at $12/hr
Bici Centro, a program of the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition, is a community DIY bicycle repair shop and education center, with the goal of facilitating skill share and increased reliability and safety for Santa Barbara bicycle riders.
We are hiring shift leaders to facilitate open shop shifts each week.
Between the hours of: 11:30 am and 7:30 pm Tuesday - Saturday
Seasonal position, with potential for longer term hire
Reports to: Shop Supervisor and Operations Manager
• teaching patrons bicycle repair skills
• greeting and signing in patrons of the shop
• coordinating and appropriately tasking shop volunteers
• operation of cash register and POS system
• organizing shop pre and post open hours
• Background in bicycle mechanics
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and maintain awareness of all happenings in a busy shop
• Background in community based projects, community service, or non-profit work
• Knowledge of Santa Barbara Bicycle Community and safe bicycle riding practices
• Firmly believes in bicycles as a viable form of transportation
• Preferably bilingual in English and Spanish
Please email a resume and a brief greeting to Rafaell
Stop by Bici Centro during business hours (12-7pm, Tues-Sat)