BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors of the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition, subject to any limitations in the Article of Incorporation and the laws of the State of California, exercises all corporation powers and controls the business and affairs of the Coalition. It guides organizational planning and sets priorities among competing demands for resources.
The Board is made up of volunteers who bring a passion for the Mission and Vision of the organization and specific skill sets, including leadership and management experience and philanthropic experience, to the overall governance of the organization. They are appointed to two year terms and are expected to fulfill the duties listed below while always asking good and timely questions as part of their oversight duties. Board members commit to 9 meetings a year plus additional preparation time and participation in Board Committees.
Amy Steinfeld, President
Blake Stok, Vice President
Dawn Mitcham, Treasurer
Nancy Mulholland, Secretary
David Dennis, Member
- Determine the Organization’s Mission and Purpose
- Select the Executive Director
- Support the Executive Director and Review his/her Performance
- Insure Effective Organizational Planning
- Ensure Adequate Resources
- Manage Resources Effectively
- Determine and Monitor the Organization’s Programs & Services
- Enhance the Organization’s Public Image.
- Provide Oversight of HR policies and procedures including a formal grievance policy.
- Assess the Board's Own Performance (every 3-5 years)
- Support the Organization’s Annual Fundraising Plan and make SBBike a priority in your charitable giving.
Procedure for appointing new Board of Director members:
Thank you for considering serving on the SBBike Board of Directors. Here is the procedure for the appointment of new Board members:
- Potential nominee attends at least three(3) Board meetings as an observer to assess interest in serving in this volunteer capacity;
- The potential nominee submits a completed Board of Directors Application to Amy@sbbike.org;
- The Governance Committee reviews all applications, interviews all nominees, and makes a recommendation to the full Board;
- The Board receives the Committee recommendation and votes on appointment.
Michael Becker, SBCAG
Dan Fishbein, SBBIKE supporter
Sam Furtner, City of Santa Barbara
Brittany Heaton, County of Santa Barbara
John Seigel-Boettner, Cycling Without Age
Depending upon their individual and organizational expertise, Board Advisers provide Board of Directors with advice as needed.