Welcome to the Family Bike Challenge!
People are riding and walking now more than ever but bike paths can get crowded, making social distancing difficult!
Fear not! We have laid out safe, family-friendly routes in local neighborhoods to keep you happy and healthy and get you back on your bicycles! You can walk, scooter or skateboard these routes too! Check out links below for easy-to-follow rides for the whole family.
Keep an eye on Instagram: @familybikechallenge for a variety of challenges!
Ride The Family Bike Challenge (FBC) ROUTES...
- Stay Safe: Many of our local bike paths and hiking trails are packed, and not lending themselves to social distancing. We created these neighborhood routes to give you guidance to ride from your front door in open spaces.
- Biking or walking for PE: Use these routes for physical education minutes! Keep track of your mileage! Follow the Bears!
- PLAY: Kids need to move, use these routes for biking, walking, and any kind of rolling! Use them often, but please be responsible. Keep a Distance. Stay at least 6 ft (2 meters) from other people.
- Is your bike safe? Do-It-Yourself ABC Quick Check
For bike repair, call SB Bici Centro: 805-617-3255 to make an appointment or call your (second) favorite bike shop.
- Riders under the age of 18 must wear helmets (California law). SBBIKE recommends all riders to wear a helmet. 30 second video for proper helmet fitting.
- Social distancing with Riding: Ride with your family, but the next family ahead of you should be 5—6 car lengths away, if not more.
- Follow the rules of the road. Right with traffic, ride straight, use hand signals, do what the signs say. Top 10 bike laws in CA
- Riding with kids: If at all possible, when you only have one adult let the kids lead so you can see them from behind.
- If you are feeling sick in any way, please stay home to take care of yourself and protect others. Bicycling etiquette during COVID–19.
Questions - Suggestions:
Send them to Christine: [email protected]