- HELMETS: Riders under the age of 18 must wear helmets (California law). SBBIKE recommends all riders to wear a helmet. Brief video for proper helmet fitting.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Ride with your family, but the next family ahead of you should be 5–6 car lengths away, if not more.
- RULES OF THE ROAD: Ride with traffic, ride straight, use hand signals, do what the signs say. Top 10 bike laws in CA
Sign up for a FREE Confident City Cycling class
- HOW-TO VIDEOS: Youth & adult educational material to watch before riding on the streets.
- BRIGHT & LIGHT: Whether riding day or night, you and your family are more visible (and therefore SAFER) wearing bright colors and light shades. Quick "Toe to Head" video
- RIDING WITH KIDS: If at all possible, when you only have one adult let the kids lead so you can see them from behind.
- SICK: If you are feeling sick in any way, please stay home to take care of yourself and protect others. Bicycling etiquette during COVID‑19.
Questions - Suggestions:
Send them to Christine: firstname.lastname@example.org