The City of Santa Maria has several regular meetings which may be of interest and value to bicycle-advocates. Information about upcoming (and past) meetings can be found on the City of Santa Maria Meetings Website. By clicking on a particular meeting/date on the calendar you can find the location of the meeting (or video link) and access the meeting agenda (and sometimes minutes and videos).
- Santa Maria City Council meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 5:30 pm
Interested in speaking at a City Council hearing? Here is how:
- At the start of the hearing, fill out a speaker's card located at the entrance to the Council Chambers and submit it to City Staff waiting behind the chamber railing.
- When called, be prepared to speak for no more than 3 minutes.
Note: it is always best to speak to items on the Council agenda, but use your own judgement.
- Santa Maria Traffic Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 9:30 am.
- Santa Maria Planning Commission meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at 6:30 pm
- Santa Maria Planning Commission Study Sessions meet the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at 1:30 pm. (Planning Commission Study Sessions are periodically held the Thursday following a regular Planning Commission meeting at 1:30 p.m.)