Family Walk & Roll Integrated Curriculum: Media Arts
Still Photo ChallengeCreate a class or neighborhood photo contest! Subjects could include: bikes and kids, from behind the handlebars, a family of bikes, bikes and dirt, bikes and smiles, bikes and flowers, etc. Walking is great too. Photos could include walking in the neighborhood, walking to a specific destination (beach, park, hike, etc.) and what you saw on the way. You can also share your photos on Instagram: @FamilyWalkAndRoll
Create a VideoCreate a class or neighborhood 2 min video contest! Videos can highlight any creative or educational topic. Here are some samples:
- Why do you like to ride or walk?
- Tell us about your favorite trip.
- Demonstrate the ABC quick check.
- Show us how to check your body before you ride.
- Dramatize safe and unsafe walking scenarios.
- Show us how you would prepare for your walk, with safety and fun in mind!
(More information and sample videos at SBBike.org/videos) Share your video with us! [email protected]
Post and PromotePost a series of pictures about your bike rides or walks. You can post them to the Family Walk and Roll Instagram page @FamilyWalkAndRoll
CollageCreate a poster or collage about staying active. Possible topics include:
- Walking or riding for transportation to school or elsewhere
- Comparing the space bikes and pedestrians take vs the space cars require
- Riding and walking in the dirt and trails
- Going with friends.
Then contact your school, library or SB Bike ([email protected]) and see if they will display your art!