Virtual Public Meetings!
Wednesday, September 8th, 5:00 - 6:00
via Video (Click HERE) &
To Join by Phone, dial 1 (669) 900-9128,
Then enter Meeting ID 857 8317 1284 (no password required)
Now that SBBIKE+COAST have merged, we’re also embarking on a strategic planning process and a re-branding of our new organization...including our new name! With so many options, we want to hear your creative ideas for our potential new name, plus any visual inspiration you might have for our new identity: logo, graphics, etc.
We’re looking for a new name that’s memorable, concise, and clearly conveys our multimodal mission: ‘to promote walking, bicycling, and public transit county-wide to create healthy, sustainable, and equitable communities. There’s a name out there that does that...help us find it!
Things to keep in mind:
- It could be or tie to a meaningful acronym, or not.
- It could be a ‘phrase’ or concept that identifies what we do or stand for.
- Remember, we are a single county-wide organization. Should “Santa Barbara County” be a part of the name? Should a word like ‘coalition’, ‘alliance’, ‘group’, ‘partnership’, etc. be included? And it’s not solely about biking or walking. Think new, different and holistic, overarching…
- How would our new name be reflected in a meaningful website address (acronym or not)?
A few sample name ideas tossed around thus far:
- ‘Transportation for All - Santa Barbara County
- ‘S.B. County Streets for People’
- ‘Shared Streets Santa Barbara County’ or ‘Santa Barbara County Shared Streets’
- ‘Move S.B. County!’
- ‘S.B. County Walk, Bike, Bus, Rail’
Put your thinking caps on and bring your creativity!